Software Performance Test Analyst Issaquah, WA
The Performance Test Analyst:
- Participates in requirements & use case reviews along with QA team to understand requirements for performance testing
- Provides accurate estimates for Performance resources and performance testing schedules.
- Collaborates with resources across IT in order to define and create test objectives, test environments, and test data requirements.
- Gathers business metrics and assembles workload and transaction information for performance testing.
- Designs, creates, and maintains the performance test scripts and scenarios that meet the objectives identified in the performance test plan.
- Responsible for creating and gaining project approval on project performance test plan.
- Assists with the identification and/or creation of performance test data required to drive workloads.
- Executes the daily performance test activities during the various phases of project life cycle.
- Collects, documents, and analyzes resulting performance metrics from the automated test tools and back end systems that are in-scope for the project.
- Responsible for defect entry, driving defects to completion, and testing code changes identified during Performance testing phase.
- Collects business transactions and creates reliable, reusable, and efficient performance test scripts.
- Must be able to identify, present, and speak to performance metrics and results.
- Responsible for overseeing or generating all Performance testing and related QA documentation.
- Ensuring adherence to standardized Performance QA policies, processes and documentation standards.
- Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other members of the IS QA/performance teams.
- Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that Performance and QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised.
- Prepares and reports on weekly Performance QA status.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum of seven (7+) years of progressive, hands-on software quality assurance experience.
- Minimum of four (4+) years of hands-on, progressive experience in performance testing.
- Minimum of two (2+) years of programming in an object-oriented programming language.
- Demonstrable experience in JAVA/C#/C/C++ or equivalent is required
- Experience with ERP Application SAP required
- Experience with performance testing and/or development with IBM WebSphere
- Experience with HP Load Runner or similar Load Testing Tool is required.
- Strong understanding of performance test methodologies and strategies is required.
- Proficiency with any of MS SQL/ORACLE/DB2 is required.
- Understand and be able to use monitoring tools like – SCOM / Dynatrace / Splunk
- Skilled in translating the development and testing requirements within the project into performance test scripts and scenarios.
- Able to create, maintain, and execute scripts using multiple protocols and able to quickly learn new protocols.
- Expert level skills in performance test tool utilization, including scripting, building and executing scenarios, collecting and analyzing performance metrics.
- Able to customize automated test scripts through the use of programming languages.
- Skills and experience required to directly interface with subject matter experts and technical groups (architects, system designers, operations, etc.) to resolve problems encountered during performance testing.
- Proficient in the creation of complex documents that communicate technical concepts in a clear, concise, and complete manner to company business community and stakeholders.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile SDLC is preferred.
- Responsible, conscientious, and the proven ability to deliver under minimal supervision.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Experience working with Visual Studio Team Test and Team Foundation Server or HP ALM is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with web services development and testing is preferred.
- Proficiency with XML, SOAP, and WSDL is preferred.
- Experience with performance testing and/or development in an IBM iSeries environment is helpful.