Network Engineer - Openstack
MIW is seeking an NFV (Network Function Virtualization) Engineer with a broad technical background.
The NFV Engineer will support the Network Engineering team in delivering the compute-centric NFV, platforms and technologies to provide solutions to accelerate development of cloud-based products and services.
The successful candidate should have expert knowledge of IaaS and emerging container and orchestration technologies. You will be a part of the Network team focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically around virtualized network functions.
As part of this team, you will contribute the overall architecture and feature roadmap for our SDN, NFV, and VNF solutions. You will be a key member of an advanced engineering team supporting network infrastructure.
Required skills and abilities
- Strong Networking experience; superior knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired), WAN, and Firewall environments
- Load Balancing; understanding of all OSI Layers from application to physical
- Hands-on experience with the following vendors: Cisco, Arista, Nexus Juniper QFX networks.
- Expert level of familiarity with IPv4 and IPv6
- Professional level understanding of TCP and UDP including the ability to identify root cause of illusive problems through packet capture analysis and insightful analysis based on packet captures.
- Expert understanding of popular network communications protocols such as DHCP (with sub-options), DNS, RPC, HTTP, SNMP, and ICMP
- Expert understanding of Ethernet and the surrounding technology such as Spannin
- Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1w and 802.1d), Trunking (IEEE 802.1q)
- Understanding of MPLS networks and Layer3 VPNs (RFC 2574bis)
- Experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements (LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, 802.1X, 802.1Q, etc.)
- Experience building and operating BGP networks.
- Experience with standard TCP/IP protocols – HHTP / SSH / DNS / FTP / OSPF.
- Strong experience with network systems, ideally Juniper JunOS, JNCIE / CCIE level experience highly desirable and Load balancing / routers / firewalls.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in layer 3 routing protocols including daily operation in large networks : RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, and BGP
- Advanced Knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet technologies, IP routing and routing protocols, multicast, Unix/Linux systems, network security technologies and carrier network architectures
- Should have a good understanding of OpenStack and hands on experience on the below mentioned openstack components
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.